Spark Minda Technical Centre – SMIT
Spark Minda Technical Centre is the Advanced Engineering Centre of Electronics & Mechatronics of Spark Minda, Ashok Minda Group. The vision behind SMIT is to evolve as a full-fledged advance technology provider that enables the existing businesses to Innovate Futuristic Technologies in Automotive Sub-Systems.
- Enabling & Increasing advanced engineering/technologies of existing businesses of Spark Minda and support ‘Electronification’
- Expanding Spark Minda footprints in automotive systems area other than Legacy Products (Electrification, Connected cars, ADAS etc)
- Venturing into automotive mechatronics engineering and opportunities
- Developing into a Centre with highly competent people & technology in the area of electronic hardware, software and sub systems in automotive industry
- Establishing EMC testing, HIL testing, Proto shop & Reliability engineering to increase the quality and efficiency of the R&D
SMIT serves as the backbone of R&D for Spark Minda with Contemporary Infrastructure for Automotive Electronics and Mechatronics.
The Centre Supports:
- Skilled manpower with sound exposure and impressive track record in the field of Automotive Electronics
- Expert support to all Group companies, for enhancing value proposition for existing customers
- Spearheading Technology Roadmap based on up-coming technologies viz. Connected Car, ADAS, AMT, ABS, EV/HEV Sub Systems etc
- State of Art Technical Centre for entire Spark Minda, Ashok Minda Group with Contemporary infrastructure, for research and development in the field of Automotive Electronics and Mechatronics
- State of Art work environment with well-designed office interiors in Chakan, Pune
- Full-fledged semi anechoic EMI/EMC test laboratory for automotive component level testing
- Advanced Software testing environment to enable the software product quality (HIL: Hardware in Loop testing)
- Test and Measurement laboratory for Hardware, Software testing including the endurance tests
- Fully Loaded Application life Cyle (ALM) management tools and environment to ensure the process compliance
In a nutshell, SMIT is gearing up to enable and support the Spark Minda, Ashok Minda Group towards the Future
In a short span of Six Months, SMIT team has already filed two Patents viz.
- Automotive Fuse Failure Indicator Unit (Inventor Name: Vishwas Vaidya and Ritwik Guha,– MSAI)
(Patent Ref. No. / Application No. : 201611027506) – A novel to terminal low cost circuit which indicates fuse failure & yet withstands harsh automotive transients
- Apparatus and Method for Protecting ECU (Electronic Control Unit) against Short Circuit (Inventor Name: Vishwas Vaidya, & Others)
(Patent Ref. No. / Application No: 201721000476) – A novel low cost smart switch circuit for driving all automotive loads and this concept used a revolutionary technique which saves CPU pins in such applications
- Low Drop-out Regulator with Controlled Shutoff and Self wake-up (Inventor Name: Vishwas Vaidya, and Suresh D., SMIT)
(Patent Ref. No. / Application No: 201711038422) – The invention relates to Low Dropout Regulator system having power saving feature and automatic wake up feature.
- System and Method for Providing Range Estimation alert in Automobiles (Inventor Name: Vishwas Vaidya, and Hemanth Kumaraswamy, SMIT)
(Patent Ref. No. / Application No: 201811002266) – This invention relates to system and method for monitoring, in real time, tire pressure of a vehicle tire and providing alert to driver for range reduction.
- Device, an Electronic Control Unit and Method For Facilitating Secure Keyless Access Of A Vehicle (Inventor Name: Irashad Mohamad, Vinay Pawar, Suresh D., SMIT)
(Patent Ref. No. / Application No: 201721042645) – This invention is related in general, to security of a vehicle and more particularly, but not exclusively, to a device, an electronic control unit, and a method for facilitating secure keyless access of the vehicle.
- Tamperproof Helmet for Two Wheelers (Inventor Name: Hemanth Kumaraswamy, Vinay Pawar, Suresh D., SMIT)
(Patent Ref. No. / Application No: 201721041184) – This invention provides a tamperproof protective helmet for two-wheeler riders along with a system and method for implementing the tamperproof helmet.
- System and Methos for Sensing and Monitoring Parameters for Automobiles (Inventor Name: Hemanth Kumaraswamy, Vinay Pawar, Suresh D., SMIT)
(Patent Ref. No. / Application No: 201721030350) – This invention deals with perpetual sensing and monitoring of front and rear parking space, tire pressure, temperature, speed and acceleration, of the vehicle that is travelling at a random speed and alerts the driver via an alarm at a mobile device of the driver, when any of the above monitored parameters exceeds their threshold level.
- Smart electronic Steering Column Locking system (Inventor Name: Nagnath dhale, Vinay Pawar, Suresh D., SMIT)
(Patent Ref. No. / Application No: 201721044873) – This invention provides a self-intelligent electronic steering column locking (ESCL) and a method for implementing the self-intelligent ESCL
- System and Method for Providing Secure Remote Operations in Automobile (Inventor Name: Krishna Murthy Vaidyanathan, EI-Labs, Vishwas Vaidya, Vinay Pawar, Suresh D., SMIT)
(Patent Ref. No. / Application No: 201711079746) – This invention dual level authentication techniques to provide remote operations in an automobile using a handheld device.
- An Electric Glove-box Control System and Method Thereof (Inventor Name: Anuj Kaushal, Minda KTSN, Vishwas Vaidya, Sameer Pitre, SMIT)
(Patent Ref. No. / Application No: 201811002266) – This invention is related in general, to an electric glove-box control system, and more particularly, to the electric glove-box control system with overload management.