The Minda VAST component shop is a state-of-the-art facility with the latest equipment and innovative technological processes. This world class manufacturing facility was built with continuous improvement in the injection molding processes by focusing on innovation, value and efficiency. Our component manufacturing vision is to set a benchmark in this region for GAS ASSISTED INJECTION MOLDING by providing ZERO DEFECT components in a FIRST TIME RIGHT environment to our solid customer base. The gas-assisted injection molding technique differentiates us from others and is supported by expertise and knowledge our global technical community. Hot runner systems, specialized shut-off types and key electronics molding are a just a few of the processes we employ in our WINNING CULTURE.
- Minda VAST: LEADER in security systems for automobiles
- Minda VAST: LEADER in automobile OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLES, INSIDE DOOR HANDLES, SIDE DOOR LATCHES, LOCKSETS - Steering column locks, door locks and back door locks
- Minda VAST: SUPPLIER to leading global automobile OEM’s
- Variable Speed conveyors with drying ovens. ( 2 Nos each as contingency )
- 3 coat wet on wet painting process compatible with 4 coat system
- Paint mixing with continuous paint circulation for 10 colors
- Positive Pressure & Temperature controlled environment with fully furnished laboratory
- Competency to handle more than 100 shades for parts of 40 different shapes & sizes
Minda VAST has modern assembly lines. The emphasis is on Poka-Yoke implementation for defect prevention, lean manufacturing to ensure JIT, cycle time to match customer tact time. We plan for effective automation and man-in-motion concepts in all assembly lines.
In house Design Validation Capability
Highlights of our testing capability include - Latch endurance, slam test, travel and force measurements, Latch actuator tests, Lockset endurance tests at varying temperature / humidity conditions, endurance tests for transmitter keys with actuators and ECU, testing capability of fuel caps for breathe-in and breathe-out valves and fuel cap leakage for fuel tanks of high capacity (300-400 liters) and testing the lockset as per EEC/ECE, R-18 / AIS-075 standards etc.